Mission Statement and Aims
Together we live, learn and value
Together in our school, we aim to create a safe, nurturing, happy and challenging place to be.
Together we aim to create a caring family where everyone feels confident, valued, respected and equal.
Together we encourage each other to reach for the stars.
Together we can build a brighter future.
In George Street Primary and Nursery School we aim to work together to:
- Create a safe, happy and stimulating environment where relationships are positive and built on trust and mutual respect
- Ensure everyone is encouraged to feel confident, respected and valued
- Provide high quality, meaningful learning and teaching experiences to meet the needs of the entire school community
- Develop ambitious, capable learners who are able to build a body of skills and knowledge to apply in a range of contexts.
- Provide a stimulating and enriched curriculum to inspire and motivate all pupils, challenging and enabling them to reach their full potential
- Secure high standards and expectations of behaviour through promotion of positive values, nurturing confidence and respect
- Ensure all pupils are independent thinkers and decision makers, having a voice in theirs’ and others’ learning, their school plans and in their futures
- Support families to ensure that home and school work in partnership, allowing every child to achieve their full potential
- Promote Welsh values and culture with a readiness to be citizens of Wales and the World
- Promote equal opportunities by opposing all forms of prejudice, discrimination and racism, celebrating differences and similarities within our local and global community and fostering respect for all people.
- Ensure our school community has a voice in helping to improve our school
- Create opportunities for all to develop digital competence to enhance learning and teaching and prepare for the future
- Promote and encourage the school and local community to take care of the environment
- Develop healthy, confident individuals who take risks, have good physical and emotional health and well being and who are able to face and overcome challenge