Our Breakfast Club is run by our catering team who also cater for the children at lunch time. This way we are able to offer a consistency and continuity of provision as the staff and children know each other well and share the same expectations as are enjoyed at lunch time.
The Breakfast Club is open between 8.30am – 8.50am every Monday-Friday term time only. The club will not be open on days when children are not expected into school e.g. staff training days, polling days and school holidays.
Children are encouraged to respect themselves and others in a relaxed friendly environment with clear expectations and boundaries. We use the 'Good to be Green' approach for behaviour that is used throughout the school and expect children to follow the school's five golden rules at all times.
ln preparation for pupils return to school in September 2020 we have been considering ways in which we can help reduce potential risk to pupils, parents and staff. As part of this, we have introduced a pay online system for you to use to make payments for school meals instead of sending in cash. From the 1st September no cash payments will be accepted by the school. You can now pay for pupil meals online via the Torfaen Website www.torfaen.qov.uk using the 'Make a Payment' section, which will take you to our E-store. From here you can pick your child's school and pay for the number of meals you wish them to have each week. Please note that this is a means of payment only; it is not linked to a meal ordering system. Pupils will still be asked each morning when in school if they are having a hot or cold meal. lf you pay for meals that are not received, your payment will carry forward to the next week.
Free School Meals (FSM):
Did you know just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money to support your child in their learning? The Government gives extra money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. For every child registered at our school, (who is eligible for Free School Meals) the school gets a lump sum and the money is used to provide resources and extra support for your child so that they can achieve their potential.
School meals are a great way to meet your child’s nutritional needs and the application process is easy – a short form to complete and return to the school office where it will be processed. There are so many benefits of school lunches:
- They are healthy and nutritionally balanced
- Convenient - can help you save time in the mornings by not having to prepare a packed lunch
- Children benefit from sitting down together at a table and can try new foods
- Help children concentrate and perform well at school
- Help your child towards the target of consuming ‘5-a-day'
- Promote children’s social skills, table manners and ability to make informed meal choices
- Allow children to relax in a safe, supervised environment with friends
- Your child can enjoy theme menus such as a St David's Day special
- Good value for money
How are we encouraging healthy eating?
- Torfaen Schools participate in the Healthy Schools Scheme which promotes healthy living
- Ensuring a whole school/cross curricular approach to healthy eating
- Opening fruit tuck shops
- Free milk for all nursery and infant pupils
- Providing breakfast
- Forming School Nutrition Action Groups (SNAGs) so children can influence healthy meal choices
- Promoting regular exercise
Application forms for FSM are available from the main school office, class teachers or from:
Croesyceiliog Community Education Centre, The Highway, Croesyceiliog.
Tel: 01633 647715/19 or by email on email@example.com.
Alternatively you can download an application form using the links below, where you will also find answers to frequently asked questions from Welsh Government.
Spring/Summer Lunch Menu 2022
Download - File size: 1963KB
Letter to parents re new cashless payments system June 2021
Download - File size: 105KB
Breakfast Club New Starter Form 2020
Download - File size: 150KB
Cashless payment letter September 2019
Download - File size: 923KB
Free School Meal Application Form - English
Download - File size: 324KB
Free School Meal Application Form - Welsh
Download - File size: 61KB
Download - File size: 38KB